If not now, when?

"If not now, when?" is attributed to Rabbi Hillel: "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If I am not for others, what am I? And if not now, when?"

Friday, October 01, 2004

Can we talk?

In last night's debate, Bush' petulance and facial contortions reminded me most of an adolescent girl, which would make him the actual "girly man" his campaign has been trying to project onto intellectuals and liberals. Projection is a defense mechanism that people use when they can't accept their own short-comings; instead they "project" them on other people. So when his team points to "girly men," they are trying to draw attention away from their own candidate.

In a serious discussion like this, I probably shouldn't take another cheap shot, but--hey, it's my blog--I'll point out that last night revealed very clearly that Kerry's is much longer than Bush's (microphone).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home