If not now, when?

"If not now, when?" is attributed to Rabbi Hillel: "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If I am not for others, what am I? And if not now, when?"

Friday, September 17, 2004

Silver City - film and website

An article in today's Guardian was the first I'd heard of John Sayles' new film, Silver City. Dan Glaister, in his article "Fictional Candidate Weighs into U.S. Election," describes the movie as "the story of the bumbling wayward son of a political dynasty, unable to think on his feet, let alone string a sentence together, who is anointed as the candidate by the business interests that run the state of Colorado," a character that Sayles modeled on George W. Bush during his campaign for governor of Texas.

And if that's not enough fun, Glaister points us to the website about this fictional candidate.

Two must reads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home