If not now, when?

"If not now, when?" is attributed to Rabbi Hillel: "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If I am not for others, what am I? And if not now, when?"

Friday, September 17, 2004

Skewed polls

My son Tim pointed out to me today that the political polls are based on data from land lines, and that younger people have cell phones rather than land lines. I checked this out and found that market research indicates that the people "most likely to discontinue wired phone service are 18 to 24 years old, single, residing in an urban area."

This could explain the odd polling results Howard Kurtz writes about today.

And checking around, I find that Jimmy Breslin reported yesterday in his column, "Making Call on Sham of Political Polling," that excluding cell phones would skew poll results.

Now I need to check out Tim's perception that younger people are more likely to vote Democratic. Perhaps things aren't as bad as the polls make them seem.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home