If not now, when?

"If not now, when?" is attributed to Rabbi Hillel: "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If I am not for others, what am I? And if not now, when?"

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

How can the feds be blamed for NOLA catastrophe?

Well, first off, the feds cannot be blamed for the hurricane itself. I've turned this over several times in my head, but I can't find a way to blame the fool for the weather.

But the tax breaks and spending cuts--that's fertile ground for sowing blame. David Sirota lays out the annual tax cuts for NOLA protection in his essay, "Hurricanes Rain on Bush's Tax Cuts Parade." He contrasts the democrats' "tax and spend" with the republicans' "tax and spending cuts" and proposes a banner over NOLA: "Your Tax Cuts at Work."

And Reuters UK is citing a "Pentagon report" that says, "Another major factor in the delayed response to the hurricane aftermath was that the bulk of the Louisiana and Mississippi National Guard was deployed in Iraq." We hear that one refuted in the U.S., but it requires doublethink to contradict your common sense over that claim. As usual, it's interesting to see what the foreign press says, just to bypass the "liberal bias" in the U.S. media that seems hellbent on dispelling criticism of the fool and his gang of outlaws.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there " Lynn Holleman Rudloff " --- I was in the search engines researching SEO Software when I came upon your blog..... I don't know if you are out of place in the engines, or I am out of place and just don't realize it :-)

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home