If not now, when?

"If not now, when?" is attributed to Rabbi Hillel: "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If I am not for others, what am I? And if not now, when?"

Friday, September 03, 2004

Another "smart" article on Bush's sensible analysis (unfortunately revised)

Another "smart" article appeared today on Bush's smart analysis that we need to make terrorism less acceptable. Today's Washington Post offers David Ignasius' editorial, "Bush's Honest Mistake," which is a "smart" article because I agree with it and it says it better than I can.

As Ignasius tells it, in his "fantasy campaign," after Bush made his statement to the effect that a war on terrorism can't be won but terrorism can be made less acceptable,
  • John F. Kerry would have responded: "Bravo, George. That's the most sensible thing you've said yet about terrorism. Now let's debate how we create those conditions so that terrorism becomes an unacceptable weapon." Bush, in turn, would have responded with a thoughtful speech . . .

It would be pretty to think so. I certainly enjoyed the fantasy.

Be well, Lynn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home